NORTHWEST HIGHLANDS & ISLANDS
Words don’t do it justice…but let’s try. Close your eyes for a second – imagine being transported to a world of rock slabs, towering mountains, glens and sea lochs stretching as far as the eye can see. Add mountain bikes and you’re getting close to the landscapes and terrain of the Northwest Highlands - check out our bike partner’s video and our guest reviews for a flavour of what’s in store!
We’ve been exploring this area for decades and it might sound corny but no matter how often we ride in this remote corner of Scotland the sheer scale of the mountains and the quality of the trails never fail to blow us and our guests away as we unload the bikes and take our first pedal strokes deep into this magical wilderness.
When we shared this epic place with Danny Milner of MBR Magazine he was smitten after the very first pedal stroke into the glens:
“A torrid affair: The hills around Torridon in the Scottish Highlands are beautiful enough to inspire a holiday romance, with GO-WHERE as our trusty chaperone.”
They voted it ‘Trail of the Year 2011′ after spending a week with us cherry picking the best riding in the area, so come find out whether they were exaggerating or not!
And as if the opportunity to ride in this remote corner of Scotland wasn’t reward enough in itself, where conditions and stamina allow, we explore the whole northwestern corner of Scotland, and load up and hop over the sea to the Isle of Skye to take on the might of the rugged Cuillins too!
Every sense, every muscle, every skill in your mountain biking armoury will be challenged and rewarded in equal measure as we ride in a landscape where dinosaurs wouldn’t look out of place – the North West Highlands and Islands of Scotland are a truly must ride destination!
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- An expertly curated week-long mountain bike adventure in the Northwest Highlands and the Inner Hebrides Islands
- Local hospitality gems we’ve had the pleasure of trying, tasting and testing over the years
- Optional private whisky tasting
- Mini adventure on the beautiful Isle of Raasay (includes ferry tickets)
- Professional Guides – expertly trained, hugely experienced but most of all great fun and with a wealth of local knowledge to share!
- Accommodation in a stunning lochside lodge in the heart of the Northwest Highlands – the perfect hub for your adventure
- Delicious help yourself buffet breakfasts to set you up for the day
- Logistics and comprehensive support including backup vehicle, First Aid and mechanical assistance throughout your trip